Gas vs. Diesel...Which Is Better For Your Business?
The Pro’s of buying/leasing a Gas Commercial Truck
- Acquisition Cost
- Fuel Cost per Gallon
- Maintenance Cost
The Pro’s of buying/leasing a Diesel Commercial Truck
- Fuel Efficiency
- Engine Longevity
- Disposition/Resale Value
There is no wrong choice when deciding between a Gas or Diesel truck. It all depends on what you will be using it for. It is a known fact that a Diesel truck costs about an average of $7,000 - $10,000 more up front, but Diesel trucks get better fuel mileage making your long term operational costs lower.
Here are 5 factors you should take into consideration when choosing between gas and diesel.
- Projected Annual Miles – this analysis can help you determine which choice would be a better financial fit for the use of the truck. Things to consider are:
- Annual Miles – how many miles are you planning to operate your truck per year
- Average fuel economy
- Price per Gallon
- Expected lifecycle – how long are you planning to keep the truck
- Trailer Requirements – Consider these questions:
- Are you going to be pulling a trailer
- What type of cargo will the trailer be hauling
- How much total weight will the trailer plus cargo be
- Truck Class and Manufacturer
- Make sure the class & manufacturer make both gas and diesel models
- Body/Equipment Requirements
- Warranty Terms and Conditions
- See the type of warranty is available and find out if extended warranties are available.
For more information you can read the full articles below from Work Truck Magazine:
Pros and Cons of Gas Vs. Diesel in Class 3-4 Trucks
Gas vs. Diesel
Our Sales department would love to speak with you and help you run the numbers and talk with you more in depth about your needs and help you pick a truck that will fit your business model best. Contact us today!